Local 6000 Adult Taskforce
The UAW Local 6000 Adult Service Taskforce met to discuss issues
regarding Adult Services and the citizens of Michigan and members
of Local 6000 who are affected by decisions made by the State.
This is what Adult Services Task Force is about.
- Advocate for vulnerable Michigan citizens (young and old)
whose voices often go unheard;
- Restore and prevent further erosion of the Adult Services
Program, which was created to safegaurd and positively
impact the lives of Michigan's disabled adult population;
- Inform, educate and increase public awareness of the needs
of vulnerable adults in Michigan;
- To promote the continuance and broadening of State Supported
Adult Services Programs, which include Adult Protective Service,
Independent Living Service and Adult Community Placement;
- To respect and advocate for the membership of Local 6000